Saturday 13 April 2013

Ho Chi Minh City

We were told before going to Ho Chi Minh that it is like marmite, you either love it or you hate it. On arriving, we instantly knew we would fall into the former category. We drove out of the airport and were greeted by bright lights, in the big city. Literally. It was so vibrant and lively. We already preferred it to Hanoi, in fact I may take it upon myself to tell Vietnam they should make it the capital again.
Tash saw my eyes light up when I saw 'Karaoke' in big bright lights. She swiftly told me there was no way we would be going there. To be fair, I think that was for the best.

We made the most of our time here, mainly with shopping in one of the biggest markets in Vietnam. It was totally overwhelming and even I didn't know where to start. Unfortunately my flip flops broke a few days prior and my feet were getting increasingly hot in covered shoes so my first stop was a shoe stall. Vietnamese women are considerably much smaller than us English, including their feet. The stall owner insisted that "Laydee, they perfect, you want, you buy". As my heel wasn't actually touching the floor and I was desperate I thought they'd do. I later found out they were two sizes too small and I had already developed blisters. Luckily I only spent 20,000 on them.

This surmounts to a huge 62 pence. I think I'll survive.

Our second favourite place in town was Kim's Café, we went here for supper three days in a row and had exactly the same each night, phō. Our favourite Vietnamese noodle soup dish. We will most definitely miss Vietnamese food.

We got such a friendly, buzzing vibe from Saigon and would highly recommend it to any fellow travellers.

Love and hugs,
Two city gals

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here